Best Wishes for Christmas and the holiday Season
If you are visiting Dunedin take time to visit the Lawrence Lions, Sultan and Sonia at the Otago Museum's Animal Attic - still looking good 35 years on.
If you are driving through to Central Otago stop off in Lawrence the town that the lions escaped in.
- Have a coffee at one of the cafes,
- Visit the Museum for a dose of history,
- Walk around Gabriel's Gully the site of New Zealand's first payable gold field
- Visit the Anthem House where the NZ National Anthem music was composed!
- Cycle on the newest bike trail in NZ, (NB that New Zealand's first bike was also made in Lawrence! )
- Shop till you drop at the best gift shops in the district
- Take time to linger in Lawrence
Post a Comment
We would love to hear your comments and feed-back: